Valparaiso’s Vibrant Vistas

After every trip I take I put my favorite pictures on a thumb drive and head over to good old Wal-Mart to get them printed out for cheap. (I can afford Wal-Mart; this goes along with the budget theme of this blog.) Not only will this one be printed out, it will be at least an 8 x 10. I want to hang it on the wall on our new apartment. We will finally be renting our own apartment together when Shane gets back from his Aconcagua expedition : )

Anyway the picture is from bright, brilliant, colorful, vivid Valparaiso, Chile, 120 km west of Santiago on the coast. Valparaiso is the birthplace of Salvador Allende and interestingly enough Pinochet as well. “Valpo” was also the home for a long time for Neruda and even Ruben Dario for a bit, whose poetry I learned about while in Nicaragua.

Valpo is an important port:

I just couldn’t get enough of the bright colors:

Neither could the street dogs, apparently:

Stay tuned for more “technicolor” images coming soon from Valparaiso.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments on “Valparaiso’s Vibrant Vistas”

1. Bill November 30, 2011 at 06:51 #

Yes, certainly a very colorfull city. And what an awesome view of the port area. No wonder so many cruises start, stop and end there.

• Marisa LaValette November 30, 2011 at 06:54 #

Bill you have been on so many cruises! Have you and Karen been to Valparaiso yet? I wouldn’t be surprised if you already had!

2. Karen November 30, 2011 at 16:35 #

Not yet…but we will! It is on my list! But want to do Machu Pichu and the Galapagos first!! The colors remind me of Nica! I love, love love the picture too!!!

• Marisa LaValette November 30, 2011 at 19:36 #

The colors remind me of the various different-colored churches in Granada.
      Machu Picchu and Galapagos on my list, too!

3. Karen November 30, 2011 at 16:37 #

You should do 3 or 4 that you like in the 8x10s put them in matching frames and hang them in an off-centered way together. That would be a great presentation…then you could add pictures of future trips around the outside like a pinwheel that always grows and knows no end!!! 🙂 Miss you guys…

• Marisa LaValette November 30, 2011 at 19:35 #

Karen the pinwheel idea is brilliant. i have already taken up an entire wall at my parents’ house. now that we will finally have our own place, i will start a picture wall at our own apt!